MARTIN, FIRST ASSISTANT CRIMINAL DISTRICT ATTORNEY
Born in Shreveport, Louisiana, Joe
immigrated to Texas before he was two years old and graduated, in 1972, from
Dallas Sunset High School. Joe returned to Louisiana for college and in
1976 graduated with honor from Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor of
Science in Business Administration.
He returned to Texas for law school and received his juris doctorate from The
University of Texas School of Law in 1979. For the first two years after
his graduation Joe worked as a staff attorney for Temple-Eastex Incorporated in
Diboll, Texas. From 1981 to 1986 he served as the Assistant Angelina
County Attorney, prosecuting misdemeanors.
In 1986 Joe was elected judge of the Angelina County Court at Law No. 1, a
position he held for the next twelve years. After leaving that office, he
engaged in a "solo" practice, emphasizing criminal defense, family and probate
Finally, in January 2007, Joe joined the staff of the Polk County Criminal
District Attorney's Office as the First Assistant.
Joe has been married since 1974 and is the father of three grown children and
the grandfather of one (for now).
- 1972 Graduate of Sunset High School in Dallas, Texas
- 1976: B.S. in Business Administration from Louisiana
- 1979: J.D. from The University of Texas School of
- 1979-1981: Staff Attorney for Temple-Eastex
Incorporated in Diboll, Texas
- 1981-1986: Assistant Angelina County Attorney
- 1987-1998: Judge of the Angelina County Court at Law
- 1998-2006: Solo practitioner emphasizing criminal
defense, family and probate law
- 2007- present: First Assistant, Polk County Criminal
District Attorney's Office
You can email Joe at: firstname.lastname@example.org